The Global English Competition
The Sheridan Language Centre invites you to be part of a fun and rewarding English language learning experience.
We welcome you to join the International KGL Community. Take part in the KGL English Contest and help your students show their real potential.
What is KGL Contest?
- KGL is an international English language competition, offered in more than 70 countries with over 6 million participants.
- It is the largest English language contest worldwide.
- There are no entry barriers. All students aged 8 to 18 learning English can participate.
- KGL is aligned with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and offered at levels A1 to B2.
- KGL tests are of the highest quality and standards. All tests consist of multiple choice questions and participants have 60 minutes to complete the tasks.
- The KGL contest is organised by the International Testing Authority.
Why take part?
- National and international awards for students and schools including vouchers, trips, tablets and more.
- Finalists compete with international finalists for Global Winner status.
- Scholarship for educational purposes awarded to the Global Winner and runner up.
- All contestants receive official KGL certificates.
- KGL International School Partner Logo awarded to schools with more than 40 contestants.
- Global recognition.
Inspire young people to do their best and join the international KGL community.
How does it work?
- Register for stage 1 (A1 to B2) by age and level.
- Results stage 1 issued within a month.
- Stage 2 participants compete for finalist places at each level.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners announced for each level.
- Award ceremony with prizes for winner, runners up and schools.
- Finalists enter Global Winner contest and travel to host country with teacher to participate in event.
- Global Winners announced and awarded Virginia Evans Merit Scholarships and prizes for Global event participants.